Xiaomi has climbed the ladder of success pretty fast and has become the world’s third largest smartphone manufacturer brand. One of the most appealing fact about the phones from Xiaomi is that every phone from Xiaomi is robust in build quality as well as hardware. Boasting of great hardware, and low prices the Xiaomi has announced their successor to the currently revving Mi5 – the Xiaomi Mi 6.
The phone is said to have all the state of the art features, found in top-notch phones at half the price of the Samsung Galaxy S8. We have collected all the info on this phone and have prepared a list of the features present in this phone that match the likes of OnePlus 3T, Galaxy S8, and Google Pixel.
- Never Ending Memory for Seamless Work: The Xiaomi Mi6 will be running on 6GB of RAM – this will never end even if you run a dozen applications simultaneously. The only phone in the market currently with that much memory is the OnePlus 3T.
- You Won’t Need a MicroSD Card After This: With options to choose between 64GB and 128GB, you’ll never run out of memory.
- Two’s Always Better Than One: The Mi 6 will have a 12MP+12MP PDAF Dual-Camera system on the rear with OIS w/ f/1.8 aperture. This competes directly with, perhaps even surpassing the Samsung Galaxy S8 which has a 12MP camera with PDAF and OIS w/ f/1.7 aperture. The front panel will have an 8MP AF camera w/ f/1.8 aperture and a wide angle lens; Great news for every selfie-loving person.
- Not Too Small, Not Too Large – The Perfect Fit: A display less than 5” seems small, one greater than 5.5” seems too large. Xiaomi has struck the right chord with a 5.15” screen, that is simply perfect for getting the right details without being too large for your hands.
- Want to go Unplugged On & On? Here it is: With great power comes great consumption and the need for power conservation. The Mi6 is designed to consume less power while giving the best output in the market. The 3350mAh battery adds up to it, and you’ll be able to go on and on without charging the phone for a long time.
- Super Powerful Performance – Just Under The Hood: With the state-of-the-art Snapdragon 835 SoC chipset, found only in the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ so far, we’re sure of top-notch performance, while multitasking, gaming, programming or any other task, whether big or small.
- A Robust UI on a Robust OS – The Perfect Combination: If the hardware is of the latest design, how could the software lag behind? With Android v7.1.1 Nougat under the hood and MIUI on the surface, the software is bound to make you fall in love with the phone.
The MI 6, priced at approx. 1399 AED, is bound to make the giants in the industry sweat. While most of the flagships will be placed in the price range of 2000+, a 50% lesser price will mean a tough competition to every brand. Having had an excellent record of producing some magnificent phones that work very well, even after years of use, Xiaomi will definitely capture a lot of markets and hearts too. Stay tuned!